I'm going to keep them realistic and somewhat doable, otherwise what would be the point?
I'll split them into two different sections, each with three goals.
- Get to 300 unique Adam Lind cards. Currently sitting on 154 in just over 6 months of collecting him, so another 150 in 12 months should be within reason.
2. Complete the Allen and Ginter 2010 mini master set. I have neglected this quite a bit since being bit by the player collector bug, but I may have just negotiated a trade to complete at least one of the insert sets and I have another trade which should allow me to complete another two insert sets. I want to get the inserts out of the way before going for the base.
3. Trade more rather than buy. Its getting expensive, really expensive and I dont think I can support it much longer at this pace. So I'm going to become much more active with trading.
- Bust some boxes. This sort of contradicts the keeping to the budget goal but this will allow me to build up a semi decent trade list as well as giving me the thrill of ripping some packs. I will aim for 3 - 6 (cheap) hobby boxes over the next 12 months.
- Gather more Bobby Thompson cards. I dont have a great deal at the moment and its not something I have been pursuing as much as I would like. My number one want would be his rookie, so I could complete the trifecta.
- Collect the Giants team sets from Topps from 1958 to now. I do not expect to complete this any time soon due to some of the high dollar cards from the 50's and 60's.
I'm very easily attracted to new sets or projects so other goals will probably be added throughout the year. Although the goals I set above are my main targets.
What are your goals for the upcoming year?