Wednesday 6 July 2011

My first printing plate



I picked up this plate about a month ago from a guy at Blowout. It was a little higher than I wanted to pay but since the majority of the Lind plates I've seen lately have been going for around $50 I actually got a pretty good deal on it.


This is the Cyan International plate, not to be confused with the regular printing plates. Not sure why Topps/Bowman felt the need to include another 4 plates on top of the normal 4 that they normally put out. I guess its just a way to make more money.


Anyway this is my first ever printing plate and I think its pretty cool looking. I had read about them on other blogs/forum but other peoples opinions on cards don't usually match my own.


You can see that the plate has been well used as there are red and blue ink stains on it and also finger prints.


I wouldn't have been able to get hold of this plate if it wasn't for Randy over at Way Off Base. The seller wouldn't ship to the UK so Randy thankfully agreed to have the card sent to him before sending it my way. So huge thanks to him!

1 comment:

  1. You're very welcome, my brother. Anytime you need me, just yell. I'll try not to take so long with sending the card out next time.

    ReplyDelete