Tuesday 15 February 2011

2011 Topps retail break




Just realised its been over a month since I last posted! I didnt think it was that long, at least it didnt feel like that long.

Anyway, at the beginning of the month I bought on eBay a 24 pack retail box of Topps 2011 Series 1. I would have preferred hobby but this box was pretty good to me and I doubt I would have done any better with a hobby box.

I will split this into two posts.

I wont show what base I got, I'll just focus on the inserts. I'm not going after this set so everything is for trade, if your looking for base send me your wants and I'll take a look for you.




From the left:

The Lost Cards - 1954 Mickey Mantle and a 1957 Stan Musial. There are the normal version and not the original backed.

Gold cards - Numbered out of 2011, Magglio Ordonez Tigers and Tim Hudson Braves.

Diamond Giveaway - Got two of them.




60 Years of Topps - These cards come in original backs and normal versions. These cards explain a little about each set that the card represents. All are normal backs except for the Gwynn.

Platinum Diamond Anniversary - Apologies for the poor picture, its really hard to get a good shot of them because of all the sparkles. Its hard to make the players names so going clockwise from the top right: Barry Zito Giants, Carlos Silva Cubs, Rickie Weeks Brewers, Adam Dunn Nationals, Andrew Cashner Cubs.

So far I really like Topps this year. The base is really well done, especially the team badge in the bottom corner. The badge looks like its a separate part that was added later in production.

Look out for my next post with the rest of the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment